This recipe came from my Mom.
- 1 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 8 cups liquid* (milk, water, or a mix of both)
- 12 bouillon cubes
- pot full of diced potatoes (about 10)
- 1 small onion chopped small
- Boil potatoes until soft (a little firmer than for mashed potatoes)
- Mix bouillon cubes with 2 cups of hot water to dissolve.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add flour and stir with a wire whisk.
- Add boullion water and remaining liquids and stir again with whisk.
- Stir frequently until thickened.
- Add onion and drained potatoes and stir.
- Season to taste with pepper
* I used just water because of Phillip’s milk allergy, and it tasted really good.
Blogged with Flock