For those of you who didn’t know, my husband is a great cook, especially when he makes his own recipes! Several years ago, he made up a chicken and potato recipe that we call Italian Chicken. It is one of my absolute favorite meals!
In the past, I have called Luke into the kitchen to make the sauce because he had never measured the ingredients, and I didn’t know the recipe. A few days ago we worked together and wrote down the measurements. Now that we know the recipe, we can share it! If you try it, let us know what you think!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into strips
- Sliced Potatoes
- 1 c olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 T garlic salt
- 1/4 c Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place the chicken pieces in a 9×13 dish.
- Add sliced potatoes until the dish is full.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until the water and oil are mixed.
- Pour oil and spice mix over the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour (stirring about half way) or until potatoes are soft and chicken is done.