Whenever I have made a graham cracker crust using the traditional recipe, the crust always seemed dry, so I made my own adaptations. Here is my recipe:
- 1 package graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter/margarine melted
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- Put butter in an oven safe dish in the oven to melt
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or by crushing them in a ziploc bag
- In a bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers and sugar
- After it is completely melted, add melted butter from oven and stir thoroughly (I just mix with my hands to make it easier).
- Put crust in the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Fill with desired pie filling